Does anyone have IBS (irratible bowel syndrome) and had a baby?

I have delt w/ digestive problems since i was 13 and at 16 had my gallbladder taken out. Since then i have delt w/ ibs and it interferes w/ my life alot. I have heard from at least one doctor that most women w/ ibs found that when they became prego their ibs cleared up alot while prego. Is this true, whats ur experience? also, ive heard that ibs can cause u to miscarry? any truth behind this? I dont want my ibs cause an unhealthy pregnancy for the baby? please advice everyone!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• My bff has ibs and has had two kids. In both of her pregnancies her ibs was much better. She still had some trouble but not nearly what she deals with when not pregnant. Her ibs did not affect either of her kids when she was pregnant. They were both born very healthy.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 10:04 PM on Aug. 23, 2009