If you could choose the wedding ring of your dreams would you take the other back?

My Whole life I've loved simple rings. I told my DH I wanted a plain silver band with a princess cut diamond and thats all.. Nothing Fancy.. Nothing super expensive.. Well he ended up getting me a pretty ring with a silver band but it had diamonds in the band and one big one on top. It was nice but not my dream ring. Well we took my ring in to get it cleaned and the lady said we had it for so long so we could upgrade if we wanted and keep the same payments... I was so excited to get the ring... Also with the upgrade he got a wedding band to match! his band was a cheapo from walmart cause we needed a fast fix. so we both got rings... But now I kinda miss my ring! I loved it cause it was from my DH.. and at the time he couldnt afford the one i wanted. It had sentimental value... But i do love my new ring and his! :( I dont like feeling bad.... maybe its guilt.. I What would u have done?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I've never had a dream of any wedding rings. Diamonds have never appealed to me, although I like to receive pretty little ones for gifts.
    My husband and I have matching gold bands with diamond-etched crosses around them and I think those are better than anything else out there because we wear them in love.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:52 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• My hubby picked out a one of a kind made engagement ring. It is beautiful. More than I would have spent at the time. But he said we would never trade it in, like some people do....it's the one he choose for it's uniqueness and stands out, like I did when we met LOL I get more compliaments on it than I ever dreamed I would.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 9:52 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• no
    kframpton

Answer by kframpton at 9:57 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• WE bought my ring and 7 years later it was in danger of losing the diamonds and it is a pressure mount so the ring was flawed. So I got a remake of my ring, but in white gold, it was platinum. I wouldn't have been able to part with my ring unless it was a remake of my original ring, but I had chosen mine. Even though I felt weird not having "my" ring If I hadn't and been able to get the ring of my dreams then I might have especially if it matched my hubbys. In time you will feel better about it, as you make new memories with this ring.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:58 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I have a cheaper ring and I love it. A friend and i were just talking about upgrading rings the other day and I said I wouldn't. My ring reminds me of where we were and who we were and I love looking at my ring and remembering:)
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 10:01 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Don't you mean Engagement ring? I loved mine. My wedding ring was a simple band. I wouldn't take them back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I love the ring he picked out because it came from him. Wouldn't trade it for anything.
    chocolatehottie

Answer by chocolatehottie at 10:08 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• i got an upgrade, but kept my original band and wear it w/the upgraded band and my engagement ring. i could never ever part with the original band, he picked it out for me and i love it, even if it wasn't what i always pictured.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:11 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Part of me wishes my husband had picked a less expensive, simpler ring... i've even thought about getting one a couple of times. I like things plain and simple but when we were looking at rings so he could get an idea of what I wanted, he said "when you put this one on I could see your face light up." I didn't even realize I did that! It was fancier than I imagined myself wearing, but I don't think I could really part with it now knowing he saw my face and wanted me to have the nicest ring. Even though it doesn't fit right now, it's still special to me. He didn't tell me any of this until after we were engaged, but I think it's one of the sweetest things he's ever done :)
    stykir

Answer by stykir at 10:51 PM on Aug. 23, 2009