Anyone have IBS (irraitable bowel syndrome) and had a baby?

I have delt w/ digestive problems since i was 13 and at 16 had my gallbladder taken out. Since then i have delt w/ ibs and it interferes w/ my life alot. I have heard from at least one doctor that most women w/ ibs found that when they became prego their ibs cleared up alot while prego. Is this true, whats ur experience? also, ive heard that ibs can cause u to miscarry? any truth behind this? I dont want my ibs cause an unhealthy pregnancy for the baby? please advice everyone!

ediswife

Asked by ediswife at 9:53 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have never heard that it can cause you to miscarry. but i know it totally interferes with life! i dont think it will cause you to have an unhealthy pregnancy because i have a daughter and ibs and had not a single problem. it doesnt really cure it, it just helps because of all the extra iron in your body it slows down the process of stuff. atleast it wasnt cured with me! after i had the baby about 2 weeks later i was back to normal! it sucks! i hate it! pills dont even help me! good luck!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 10:13 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I have had 2 kids and believe me..I don't feel any better :( I'm 24 and sometimes it makes me feel like i'm 94! I wish I could trade in my tummy...good luck to you cuz I've had none!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I loved being pregnant and yes I am also a suffer of IBS. When I conceived my daughter almost 4 years ago I thought I was in heaven! I could eat anything and I never had any issues. I never wanted to give birth as I didn't want to go back to being my old self! I have never heard of it causing a miscarriage though. I hope your IBS stays away for you too!
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 10:18 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I'm 28 weeks and have IBS it hasn't effected anything in my pregnancy, heck the doctor wasn't even concerned that I had it. If you know what your trigger is that causes you to have have it you can always stop eating/drinking that and it will help. I know with mine it's caffine/alcohol so I got to get over that before I even knew I was pregnant. I just don't drink soda anymore and I haven't had an issue at all.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 12:10 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I developed IBS after I had my gall bladder taken out also. During my pregnancy with my daughter, my IBS acted up about like normal but I dilated very early even though I never experienced a BH. i was 2 cm at 31 weeks, 3 at 33, 4 at 35 and 5 at 37 weeks.... I was convinced that the IBS was actually making me dilate but my OB said that wasnt possible. I dont quite understand how its not possible considering my IBS acting up and contractions feel the SAME EXACT WAY to me!!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 12:05 PM on Aug. 24, 2009