Coudl this be labor?

Ive been having a really bad backache for the past 5 hours or so and lately its gotten more intense, and when i stand it gets slightly relived but then my stomach feels very heavy, ill be 39 weeks on tuesday and at my last doctors appoinment he said i was a good 2-3 cm dialted with my first i had back labor, could this be labor?

AtticusJsmum

Asked by AtticusJsmum at 9:56 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Maybe. Or baby is pressing into your back.
    Do you know if baby is posterior again?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:57 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• i'd call the dr.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• it could be. but i have had friends who have that on and off for days before they go into labor for real. good luck!
    Anonymous

• idk my doc said he was head down a few weeks ago, my doc said he thought i would go into labor in the next 7-10 days and that was last tuesday
    AtticusJsmum

Answer by AtticusJsmum at 10:00 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• It could be, try to walk the house and see if they get more intense or closer together! thats what they will make you do in the hospital anyways! good luck i hope this is it for you!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 10:10 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Do you know if the baby is in a position to cause back labor again? (Head-down, but "sunny side up")
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:04 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• no, i havent had an ultrasound in weeks and by feeling my doctor said the baby was head down, the back pain had let off a bit but now i feel some pain in my vagina
    AtticusJsmum

Answer by AtticusJsmum at 12:26 AM on Aug. 24, 2009