Try for a baby now or later? Attention all military wives!!!

so my husband and i are ready to start tryin for a baby!!!! however we just found out he will be deployed oversees in a few mths but not for a long time, thank goodness! We own and operate a family business and i have a great support system to help me. However i do have low blood sugar and im concerned that morning sickness could make it hard to continue running a business while hes gone even with help. Not to mention that i hate throwing up lol. anyways, is it smart to start tryin now even under the circumstances or should we wait till he gets back? Picture urself in my situation... could you be pregnant , possibly have bad morning sickness and work long hours while ur husband is away? i would never want to risk the health of my baby! any advice is wonderful! thanks

ediswife

Asked by ediswife at 10:15 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• My advice is to wait. I know it sucks, but i just wouldnt want to tell you "oh go ahead and try" if you dont have any children now and dont know what its like to be pregnant. All pregnancies are different. mine was ok, i had morning sickness for about the first 6 weeks, and it wasnt bad, but enough to make me want to stay in bed a few extra hours! and then it came back at @ 28 weeks and STRONG! the Dr told me if you have it early on most likely you will get it back. not to mention being pregnant just makes you tired in general. Unless you would have someone be able to help you run the business or even hire someone just while your hubby is gone. but thats my advice! then again, you could try because it may take you awhile! good luck in your decision and with trying...also please tell your hubby THANK YOU! and a thank you to you for supporting him!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 10:20 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Sweetie this has to be your decision it's your life. It shouldn't matter what other military wife's can or can not do everybody is different and their health is different and tolerance level and family situations. Talk with your hubby and you two make this important life changing decision together.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I have low blood sugar too and it really takes it's toll on my when pregnant. I'm pregnant with my third right now and my morning sickness for the first 16 weeks is horrible! I'm fortunate enough to get to be a stay at home mom and I've not had to work during any of my pregnancies (I don't think I could have).

Not only is the morning sickness awful in the beginning, the fatigue is terrible throughout due to the low blood sugar. Also, with this 3rd pregnancy, I've had the added complication of my blood pressure dropping and with my low blood sugar, this has been causing me to faint.

If you have family or really good friends who can help you why he's deployed, then I think you can go ahead and TTC, but if you will be totally on your own, you may want to rethink things.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:40 PM on Aug. 23, 2009