i got a head banger

my son is almost two and when he gets upset he likes to head bang... today we went to the park and he wanted someone else's basket ball.. when i tried to redirect him to the slide.. he went to the Pavement.. to head bang.. how would u handle this''
thank u very much for ur ideas

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• sweetie the only advice I can give is take your child to see a doctor and if their not sure...ask to be referred to a neurologist specialist. It may be nothing to worry about...but you need to take him to a doctor to be sure.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• My son does that. He has autism and can't understand that he shouldn't do it...so I move him to a safer place until he's done with his fit. If it's at the park pick him up and move him to a grassy area. At home you can put him in his crib if he still uses one. Good luck. And this will pass...it's just a phase.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 10:38 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• My dd was a head banger. She is now 26 years old, when she was little there was a popular song, "Bang your head".....she would do it when she got very mad or upset. I'd try to move her quickly to something soft. Finally I got quick with the throw pillows...I"d toss it right under her head as she was coming down! lol.....For my dd it was just a temper tantrum...she outgrew. She's a normal mom of 3 now!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 10:44 PM on Aug. 23, 2009