just wondering....

i just wondering why does my baby walk on his tipi toes a lot! not all the time but most of the time he does that.... wondering if thats normal :o(

yunque000

Asked by yunque000 at 10:19 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't know why, and my DD doesn't do this, but I've seen a lot of babies that do that. My niece did it when she was little.

???
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 10:33 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• it's just a balance type thing. my DD did it non stop til she was a good 18mos
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 10:38 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I don't know why he's doing that but I too wonder the same thing because my daughter also does that. She only does it when she's bare foot in the house. I guess it because her feet are cold but she doesn't want to wear socks.
    TiphaniMommy

Answer by TiphaniMommy at 11:35 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• My daughter does that when she dances. She's been doing it for easily a month now... and it started right after her "walking backwards" stage! She only does it when we watch something with people dancing and she pretends to be a "ballerina"... otherwise, I have NO idea! My dd is 21 mos.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 12:03 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Our FS did that, too. I agree with hibbingmom, it's a balance thing, and they can get where they are going FAST. Also, it fhe concrete outside is hot or cold, he does it still.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 8:37 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• When my sister was little we used to call her "tippy toe Mo"!! she always walked like that. She did grow out of it though! I am not sure why kids do this, but maybe it is just fun!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 9:01 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I have always been told if they do that to put shoes on them and they'll quit doing it. My daughter never did that though. I guess the shoes help them learn the right way to walk though I dont know that it is much a problem anyway and they do outgrow it.
    stargazerwolf

Answer by stargazerwolf at 6:21 PM on Aug. 25, 2009