how did your boss react?

if you work outside of the home, how did your boss react when you told them you were pregnant and you would be taking a maternity leave? please share any stories.

with my first i was SOOO nervous. i was in grad school, working part time for a professor. i was so nervous to tell all of my professors, including the one i worked for. i would get all sweaty and shaky before telling them but then everyone was super supportive.

now i just started my job 2 months ago and i am going to try to get pregnant soon. but i'm really nervous about telling my boss again. especially if i end up having my maternity leave before i've even been there for 1 year. which is definitely a possibility if we are lucky with TTC. i guess i should have learned from my first son that i over-react, but what do you think?

i want to see if i can take off the first 2 months, then do part time the 3rd month, and then go back to full time after that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I work at a Middle School andI went to the District Kick-Off Party for faculty before school started. I walked over the section that was for my middle school and I guess everyone had heard by then and I was swarmed with nothing but hugs, my boss (the principal) was smack dap in the middle. It couldnt have gone better.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:45 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Don't worry! Your boss should be nothing more than supportive! Especially if you tell them before you're actually pregnant that you're trying. But even if you wait until later, they'll get more than enough notice. Everyone loves a baby!
    RorysMom119

Answer by RorysMom119 at 11:08 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• thanks ladies! i do think my boss will be supportive too. he says it's a family here and that this is a great place to raise a family so he better not be bad about it! i just get so nervous, espcecially being new.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Aug. 24, 2009