What does the bible and Jesus say about gossiping, public ridicule and finger pointing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• A gossip betrays a confidence; so avoid a man who talks too much. Proverbs 20:19 NIV

Do not spread false reports. DO not help a wicked man by being a malicious wittiness.
    Exodus 23:1 NIV

Telling lies about others is as harmful as hitting them with an ax, wounding them with a sword or shooting them with a sharp arrow.
    Proverbs 25:18 NLT

Therefore rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind.
    1 Peter 2:1 NIV

Summing it all up: Be agreeable, be sympathetic, be loving, be compassionate, be humble. That goes for all of you, no exceptions. No retaliation. No sharp tonged sarcasm. Instead, bless- that's your job, to bless. You'll be a blessing and also get a blessing.
    1 Peter 3:8-9
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 10:50 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• From my understanding, it's a good idea not to do it. Cause people shouldn't throw stones when they live in glass houses.
    mehamil1

Answer by mehamil1 at 10:49 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• We all live in glass houses, don't we?!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 10:50 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• 2Co 12:19 Have you been thinking all along that we have been defending ourselves to you? We have been speaking in the sight of God as those in Christ; and everything we do, dear friends, is for your strengthening. 20 For I am afraid that when I come I may not find you as I want you to be, and you may not find me as you want me to be. I fear that there may be quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, factions, slander, gossip, arrogance and disorder. 21 I am afraid that when I come again my God will humble me before you, and I will be grieved over many who have sinned earlier and have not repented of the impurity, sexual sin and debauchery in which they have indulged
    hinson7169

• public ridicule and finger pointing

Apparently that it's ok as long as you declare yourself the only one in the room worthy of judging everyone else aside from your family who will parrot your every word.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• hinson thanks so much for that. I was actually very upset a few minutes ago over one question. I was so upset I told CM to delete my account. I might be deleted in the next minute I don't know. I sent the request. I am glad they deleted the question and your verses has shown me I was not mistaken and gossiping is not good even if you don't call out the person by name. I might delete or close this question. I got what I needed. Thanks so very much.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Matthew 7:1 --
    Do not judge, or you too will be judged.
    and in verses 2-5:
    For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 10:54 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• dont do it...it only causes more problems.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:54 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Anon that is what the devil wants you to do if they do delete your account make a new one and im so glad that i could help.. If you need to talk pm me.. God bless... Remember Jesus loves you know matter what

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 10:55 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Anonymous
    public ridicule and finger pointing

__
    Really the bible says that? what verse?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Aug. 23, 2009