Infant lactation...

My daughter will be 2 weeks old tomorrow and we've noticed that she has some little boobs. It feels like there are little balls behind them and they are lactating.
Is this normal?
Are my hormones getting to her through my breastmilk and causing her to lactate or should I be concerned?

My first born is a boy so this isn't something we went through before.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I just had a little girl on the 13th. When I was being discharged the nurse was going over a few things and told me that she may produce a little milk from her nipples and even have little periods because of my hormones being passed to her. She made it sound like it was passed during pregnancy though not because of nursing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• i've read that this is normal, she still has your hormones left over in her blood from being in your belly, it should go away soon, if you are worried don't be afraid to ask your doc. maybe get some books about infant care bc there are other facts and information of that sort every mother should know. some good ones are: New Baby Care (A practical guide to the first three years) by Miriam Stoppard, Baby & Child Your Questions Answered by Dr. Carol Cooper and Your Baby's First Year Week By Week by Glade B. Curtis, M.D., M.P.H. and Judith Schuler, M.S.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:58 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• my little one didnt produce milk but she did pleed from down there,freaked me out but i called and they told me its normal
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:16 AM on Aug. 24, 2009