• In the Spotlight:

For moms who came up with hybrid names...

Dh and I decided our first son would not be his junior... I want to name my son after him but his name is Carl Eugene... uuh yeah I dont think so! soooooo Can anyone come up with a nice boy name using those two names?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Carl Asher Eugene ................... Asher is my son's middle name but we call him Asher as he is a Junior and it is easier to use the middle. I just love the name Asher!
    happychick2525

Answer by happychick2525 at 10:47 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• we had the same problem here my SO is Jimmy Bob...lol So if you dont want to use those names just use those intials like my dad is greg dewayne i am gretta danyell my mom is tangie marie my brother was tyler miles maybe like caleb ethan or christopher eric
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 10:52 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I know what you mean. My husband wanted a boy named after him and he's Ned Nelson III. Ummm NO. We ended up taking my husband's favorite comic book character (Wolverine from the X-men) and named him Logan and then I gave him my husband's middle name. So his name is Logan Nelson. Carl wouldn't be bad as a middle name I think. Sorry I couldn't help you more.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 11:15 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Carlin Gene
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• My husband wanted to name our son after his own dad, Earl Eugene. No way could I do that so we went with Shawn Michael, combining hubby's name with godfather's name. I'd pick one or the other as a middle name. Logan Nelson was a nice compromise, from Juggalette0327.
    lizlaughlove

Answer by lizlaughlove at 11:25 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Just use Carl as a middle name and drop the eugene.
    my SO wanted to name our son after his GGpa ELDO...yes ELDO! so we threw an N on the end and he is Eldon Robert and has all five of the last generations of men in his family worked into his name....very special.
    Our next childs middle name will me my stepfathers last name.
    Look into his family for other special names and men that are special to him.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:16 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Earl - it's a combo of Eugene and Carl. :)
    How about coming up with completely new name using the same initials or using a beloved family member's name in place of the middle name or switching them around with a beloved family member's name?
    I wish you well. ♥
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:45 AM on Aug. 24, 2009