Has anyone else been a single mother of 2?

My daughter is 19 months old, and now I'm due in February with my second! I'm really nervous & scared. Has anyone gone through this? All my friends that have 2 kids are/were married and had their husband's help. I live w my parents, but this is my responsibility. Are there any tips? Anything I need to know? Anything would help!

RorysMom119

Asked by RorysMom119 at 11:11 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am a single mom of 2 kids. My tips are sleep when the sleep if you can. Try to divide your time between the two. My kids are 11 months apart and they are both always wanting me at the same time...it is like having twins. If you want to ask me any questions you can PM me.
    alaskansglmom

Answer by alaskansglmom at 11:59 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• You aren't really a single mom,you are a mom with a dad who refuses to marry. A single is a mom ,who was with a man and he picks up and leaves and she has to do everything for her kids. Too many times women allow men to keep coming to their beds and innocent babies are being conceived, if,he didn't take of your 19 month old,do you really think he is going to move you out of your parents home,you are 100% correct,these babies are your responsibility,go to court ,get support,and don't let this jerk back in your bed. You can make it,but, not with him.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Yes.. I got divorced after I had two kids, and now my daughter is also single with two kids. You can do it. I see lots of single women raising kids. You'll just have your hands full. Good luck to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I've been there, my advice no matter what try to be the best mommy that you can be meaning patient and loving, play with them and teach them abc's and 123's and try to teach them good eating habits now that they are babies. Also...don't worry about what all your friends that don't have kids are doing, don't worry about what you might be missing out on. Don't drink and drive with your babies and just always try to remember that your their mommy and all they have is you. You might have parents who help or whatever but no one will love them the way that you do. Make good choices for them because they can't make them for themselves, don't leave them with people you don't know very well or you have doubts...if your heart tells you NO DONT DO IT... then pay attention to that. I just wish someone would have told me all the things that I'm telling you..I made so many mistakes and I have so many regrets. You don't want that for you

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• ....to whomever was rude enough to post that first "anwer," I never said the children had the same father. Why would you say something so rude and accuse me of being stupid? I thought this was a place to come and not be judged, or when people assume things (especially incorrectly!) about me that they wouldn't post it here!
    In case you even care, my daughter's father cheated on me when we were engaged and I kicked him out of the house. After my lease ended, I moved in with my parents because I couldn't afford another place on my own. I have gone to court and now have a child support order. This pregnancy was a total accident and I got pregnant on birth control by the first guy I dated over a year after I kicked my fiance out of my house. Just thought I would clear that up
    RorysMom119

Answer by RorysMom119 at 11:40 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I would say find the dads & get child support. Seems like you need it.
    PrincessSmasher

Answer by PrincessSmasher at 11:57 PM on Aug. 23, 2009