How do I distract rabbits so they leave my garden alone?

Is there a way I can keep rabbits out of my garden? They particularly love my pumpkins ---we found tiny teeth marks (like scraping) along the skin of a couple of our pumpkins,...also they have teeth marks on one of my zucchini, cucumbers....starting to get pretty annoying...
We found out that it was definitely rabbits that were causing the damage as my husband caught THREE in the garden this evening...I'd really love to have some pumpkin from my first garden this year.

Also I am an organic gardener...I don't use any chemicals on my food...pesticides or herbicides...etc.

Thanks in advance *S*

truetigress

Asked by truetigress at 11:23 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Home & Garden

• MOTH BALLS ..MY M/I/L/ HAD SOME RABBITS BUT THEY KEPT MESSING WITH HER CHICKENS SO THEY LET THEM GO IN A FIELD THINKING THEY WOULD LEAVE ...WELL THEY CAME BACK AND ATE ALL HER BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS AND PEPPERS ETC. SO SHE PUT MOTH BALLS AND THEY WONT EVEN GET CLOSE TO HER PLANTS ANYMORE!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 11:29 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• First choice would be a fence. Posts with chicken wire or hardware cloth stapled on makes a quick fence. Second choice, predator urine. You can buy bottles of it, concentrated, and make a line of it around the garden. Note: if the garden is really near the house, you will smell it, especially when you first put it out. But it doesn't take much to scare the heck out of the rabbits.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:34 AM on Aug. 24, 2009