Anyone have IBS (irraitable bowel syndrome) and had a baby?

Does anyone have IBS (irratible bowel syndrome) and had a baby?
I have delt w/ digestive problems since i was 13 and at 16 had my gallbladder taken out. Since then i have delt w/ ibs and it interferes w/ my life alot. I have heard from at least one doctor that most women w/ ibs found that when they became prego their ibs cleared up alot while prego. Is this true, whats ur experience? also, ive heard that ibs can cause u to miscarry? any truth behind this? I dont want my ibs cause an unhealthy pregnancy for the baby? please advice everyone!

ediswife

Asked by ediswife at 11:25 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Health

• I have really bad ibs. It also effects my life pretty badly. Some days I don't leave the house. I have the ibs with diarrhea Unfortunately for me my ibs got really really bad while I was pregnant with my now 4 month old baby. I didnt leave the house for over half my pregnancy. I got so depressed and going to the obgyn was very hard because my stomach hurt THAT bad. The ibs never affect my baby only me  but who knows eveybodys different and every pregnanceys different and the ibs could improve lets hope it does for you. Im pretty sure  ibs wouldnt cause any miscarriges.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 PM on Aug. 28, 2009