Antidepressants for panic attacks and pregnancy.... now what???? help!

im ready for a baby however my body isnt yet! i have been taking Pristque for about a year every night and clorazapam only when i need it. i need to stop taking them so how do i ween myself of the one i take every night? Also do panic attacks get worse during pregnancy b/c of all the different hormones? i had a doctor tell me that pregnancy could correct the hormones that are irregular now!

ediswife

Asked by ediswife at 11:30 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You can not stop taking them with out the doctors help.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:33 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• please give this a try, i promise you with all my heart it works, LEMON BALM. i was having panic attacks 3-4 times a week (btw~i tried zoloft when i was 14 and i tried prozac when i was 20, they just made everything worse) so i found out about lemon balm and after a week of taking it, i felt better and stopped having panic attacks. i stopped taking it when i found out i was pregnant (bc it's not studied in pregnancy) and i've only had 3 panic attacks since i found out i was preg and i'm 31 wks pregnant. so it does have a long term affect. there aren't any negative side effects. search it on your browser. i thank God for lemon balm everyday bc it has changed my life.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:40 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• oh, safely get off your medication first, herbs should not be taken with anti-depressants or anti-anxiety meds. if you feel an attack coming on, breathe very slowly, cup your hands over your face if you have to, or breathe into a paper bag.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:42 PM on Aug. 23, 2009