Antidepressants for panic attacks and pregnancy... now what??? help!

Antidepressants for panic attacks and pregnancy.... now what???? help!
im ready for a baby however my body isnt yet! i have been taking Pristque for about a year every night and clorazapam only when i need it. i need to stop taking them so how do i ween myself of the one i take every night? Also do panic attacks get worse during pregnancy b/c of all the different hormones? i had a doctor tell me that pregnancy could correct the hormones that are irregular now!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'd get opinions from a psychiatrist and highrisk ob and first you can start before them with a consult with your pharmacist. I've never been on those meds but my pharmacists are really helpful when I'm confused about medicines otc and scripts.

The physicians desk prescription book is pretty good too, it's updated frequently.

Good for you for doing research. I research everything too. Take care and Blessings for your Family!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• My anxiety was worse while I was pregnant (both times.) I didn't think that was possible since I have always had horrible anxiety. My doc put me on vistiril* during pregnancy because it was "the only safe medication." it made me very tired though. Maybe you could take that instead. I feel for you. Fighting anxiety and the depression it leads to (because that's the way it goes for me) feels like a losing battle. Good luck to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Aug. 24, 2009