Antidepressants for panic attacks and pregnancy... now what???? help!

Antidepressants for panic attacks and pregnancy.... now what???? help!
im ready for a baby however my body isnt yet! i have been taking Pristque for about a year every night and clorazapam only when i need it. i need to stop taking them so how do i ween myself of the one i take every night? Also do panic attacks get worse during pregnancy b/c of all the different hormones? i had a doctor tell me that pregnancy could correct the hormones that are irregular now!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Health

• I would hope that a doctor did not just hand you pills and tell you that would correct the problem. If you want off the dependancy on the meds take to your prescribing doctor about counseling and skills training. Both will help you manage the symptoms better and decrease or negate the need for the drugs. It will take work, but if you want it you can do.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 10:32 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• First, talk to your therapist about the best way to wean yourself from the medication. Don't stop therapy just because you are stopping the meds; you will need it more than ever!

Get to your local library and pick up a copy of No More Panic by Claire Weeks.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:01 PM on Aug. 24, 2009