Whats more painful altogether C-section or Vaginal birth?

And what's easier to recover from? Any advice on vaginal birth or c-sections?

PrincessSmasher

Asked by PrincessSmasher at 11:35 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• All great answers! Thank you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Often the C-section because unless it is schedualed the woman has labored for a long time.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:37 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• i am unable to answer from experience because I have only experienced a vaginal birth but I would expect and have heard that a c-section is worse(being that it is a major operation and all).
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:39 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• C-Section is a surgery. The recuperation process is long ans painful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I had all vaginal births So I am not to sure about a c-section. Vaginal is not bad your a little sore and you may get stiches if you tare down there but over all not bad and not long to recover. I hear c-section is more painful because it's more like surgery and it takes longer to heal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• C-section is major abdominal surgery and the recovery is a long 6 weeks of pure heck. For the first 2 weeks, you can't even enjoy your baby because of the pain.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I had an emergency C section.... it took about 6 mos to feel like I wasn't still cut open or that my incision was tearing. I've heard different stories about vaginal but they all felt normal really quickly! I would like to have a vaginal delivery next time but if a C is truly necessary then I would do it again. I would never opt for a C section if that is why you are asking! I would say the birth itself is quick and easy, it's the recovery after that is long and hard. I've never had a vaginal delivery just yet however.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 11:45 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I had a labor that was over two weeks past my due date and ended up csection hospitalized on ivs myself for over a week with my first pregnancy. That was because I was too overdue and mybody was exhausted and got infected. I pushed for two hours before a section was decided on. WIth all that my recovery took months, I saw double for a good while I was so beat.

Before my first baby was born and after, I knew moms who ended up sectioned and recovered far easier than me because they weren't as much past their due dates as I was.

With my second and third pregnancies I was both times scheduled sections and both times my recovery was fast even with first one older child and for my third section I had then two older kids to track and run after.

My advice is don't let a doctor have you be more than a week past due IF you know for sure yourself without a doubt when you conceived.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I agree with previous posters with C-Section a woman should expect to stay more days at the hospital since it is considered a major procedure. The stitches need to be checked often. Painkillers are taken to alleviate the post-surgery pain.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I had a c-section and it was a cake walk.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:52 PM on Aug. 23, 2009