Is it ok not to have your babies 1st birthday at a house?

So the layout of our house isn't very "party friendly" and we're expecting quite a large turnout for my daughter's 1st. I've never been to a birthday party, well a 1st one anyways, not at the child's house. My mom isn't up to having all those people at her house and my father in law doesn't have the cleanest house. Would it be ok to have the party at like a local pizza place? We have a nice one up the road from our house that has a large party room.

Dricha3140

Asked by Dricha3140 at 11:38 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't see why not. Friends of mine rented a hall because they had a lot of guests coming but they live in an apartment so there was no room.
    It's probably better too because then you don't havr to clean up the mess! lol
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 11:43 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• i don't see why that wouldn't be ok. if your place isn't big enough, find someplace that is, right? good luck with the party! :)
    momma_gig

Answer by momma_gig at 11:46 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• We used the rec room at our apartment complex, parks are good too.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:11 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I plan on having my son's 1st birthday party at a pizza place too. Large room, clean up not all up to me and any kids that come can still have fun and I don't have to worry about something getting broke at my house. I think its a great idea! :)
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 12:15 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Of course, why wouldn't it be okay?! I've known people who have their kids first bdays at chuck e cheese. And my son's was at a park and will be at the park again this year for his second.
    AngelicaRenee

Answer by AngelicaRenee at 12:24 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Thanks for all your answers. I guess I've just never been to a 1st party not at the house of the child. My daughter's birthday is in October but I don't want all the finance strained on me at once so I've started planning now.
    Dricha3140

Answer by Dricha3140 at 12:34 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Its fine. My friend recently had her DD's first at the local park, and my cousin had her DD's at their church. I have about 9 more months before the twins are one, so I have plenty of time to figure out where I want to hold theirs LOL
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 2:08 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• we had our DD1s first at a local pizza joint, my sister did the same and my lil sister is having her sons at the park down the road from here.

katzmeow726.... weve got 9 months also for our twins and have already started looking for a place for their 1st party
    katelynsmom22

Answer by katelynsmom22 at 11:17 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Oh yes, I use to work at PizzaHUt && we had a room for parties, && we would get tons of parties, but you might want to check cause some places you have to pay to have parties.
    YoungMommy409

Answer by YoungMommy409 at 12:39 AM on Aug. 28, 2009