What size weight should you use to to tone arms and legs? I have bony everything. I am thin but want to be more defined...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• start with 5lbs, then go up, i wouldnt go over 10 lbs though, you dont want to be gross looking.

I think this is bad advice. I call it how I see it.

Anyway, I've been lifting 'heavy' for about 6 months though and I love the results. Women naturally make less testosterone then men so the "gross" look that mandielynn is talking about is not a naturally occurring sensation. Most women bodybuilders take things to the extreme with diet and exercising... as well as taking supplements, and it wouldn't shock me to find that some take testosterone injections. You, being the skinny thing that you are, could not look like that unless you really really really went out of your way to do so.

That being said, lift heavier weights. Lift as much as you can. You should be doing 3 sets of 8-10 repittions. The weight should be heavy enough to make the last two reps of every set difficult. See what I'm saying?... Cont....
    sw33t_blond3

Answer by sw33t_blond3 at 12:57 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• You should start with light weights. I started with 3 lb weights.
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 11:44 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• google it they have great tips
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:49 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I found by using a 5 lb weight to work good for each hand, then using 2, work your triceps. If the 5lb seems light and you do a rep of 5 before you buy it, go to an 8. That should work better! Then you won't have to buy a heavier weight later and saves you some $. Of course, that is only if the 5lb weights seem too light.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 11:57 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• The best thing to do is to make a plan. For example- Mon & Wed: Arms, Chest and upper back day. Start with an amount that is heavy, but not too heavy. You don't want to hurt yourself, just something enough to give you a challenge. Then Recover your arms on Tues & Thursday by doing legs. I think it's good to lift for about 30-45 minutes and do about 20-30 minutes of cardio if you can manage it.

Look up some information for weight training for women. I think you will be pleasantly surprised by all the the health benefits (and the results). If you have any questions or want to talk to me further feel free to message me. Good luck.
    sw33t_blond3

Answer by sw33t_blond3 at 1:02 AM on Aug. 24, 2009