we told our son that we are TTC

we have a 16 year old son when me and dh decided that we are going to start trying again we sat our son down and told him. He seemed fine with it but everyone else seems shocked that we told our son. The asked me is he grossed out by the fact that you guys basically told him your gonna be having sex almost everyday. I just thought he should now and if he does hear us having sex he would know wh? Was this wrong should i not have said anything hes 16 what do u guys think.

lilone917

Asked by lilone917 at 11:43 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• why the heck did you wait so long to try again???? did u forget about the no sleep??? how old are u???? and yeah i wouldnt of told him i mean yeah tell him when u are but u dont need to tell him ur gonna be geting busy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I really don't see the point about explaining my sex life to my kids ever, its' not their business. It weird that you did it but you did. I'm quite sure at this age of your son's that he's already heard you going at it. Kids know what's going on in mommy and daddy's room long before we think they do. Just pretend you're in a frat house and put a tie on your bedroom door then ds can decide to beat feet or not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I think there is nothing wrong with you telling him
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:52 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• i don't really see what's wrong with it. i do find it odd that you waited so long to have another, but hey... to each her own :P and you just told him that you're going to ttc. unless you actually put in there something about you and your hubby having lots of sex, i don't think it was really wrong to tell your son. i think it's better than just springing the "hey, you're going to have a sibling" on him. but that's just my opinion.
    momma_gig

Answer by momma_gig at 11:52 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• ok a couple of things we did not tell our son we are going to get busy LOL first off all we said was we are going to try and get pregnant. I know he is 16 he knows what that means but I mean wouldnt he think it was wierd that mom and dad are constantly running off into the bedroom i didnt want him to be weirded out. Why did we wait so long im only 37. I wanted to wait and im getting to that age now if we want another baby we should start now plus my son will be going off to college in 2 years im not ready yet for that empty nest lol I want a baby why is that wrong. And lastly what does that mean my son can beat feet or not?
    lilone917

Answer by lilone917 at 11:57 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• i didn't say it was wrong that you waited so long, just a little odd. i've only met one other mom who waited that long to have another baby. good luck on ttc and lots of baby dust :D
    momma_gig

Answer by momma_gig at 12:01 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• it is okay she was a bit harsh! You did what you THOUGHT was best, yes maybe tmi but he will get over it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• my mom talked to me about maybe having another baby when i was 17. It was devistating to me. I thought a crying baby around all the time, maybe she'll ask me to take care of it (I wouldn't want to but i would feel like I have to), just all these things! And my parents are kind of old and I thought what if they die or something!? Luckily she changed her mind and decidend not to.
    PrincessSmasher

Answer by PrincessSmasher at 12:33 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I think it is good you gave him the heads up. He probably was bothered about the visual of you two having sex like any other teenager thinking about their parents doing the dirty, but I think in the end he may recognize the respect you showed him by telling him what is happening in your family. He is entitled to know what is in your future.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 11:13 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• i think it sounds like you have a healthy relationship with your son. i certainly hope when my son is 16, i can share with him the important things that i am thinking about, particularly if they affect him as much as this does your son. i can't believe how rude that first response was. ignore that one. good luck and congrats!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Aug. 24, 2009