whats the best way to wean a 1yr old

I've been BF for a year. Now she gets it nap time and bed time but I want to stop all together what's the easiest way. I need it to be done with its starting to hurt because I'm not producing as much as I used to. HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• try cold turkey! if she is down to 2 feedings a day, that is the best time to begin!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:04 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• The best way is to drop one feeding a week until done. This is to prevent engorgement, and mastitis. However, if you're only nursing twice a day, you may be able to go cold turkey.

GL mama!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 12:25 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Decrease the length of time you nurse and then cut a feeding, cut the next a week later. Be careful is you do try to stop cold turkey, watch for signs of mastitis, I am willing to bet you have more milk than you would think. Distract if you get any resistance(which you likely will). =)
    Daynaof3

Answer by Daynaof3 at 1:13 AM on Aug. 24, 2009