TMI!! questions about c-section recovery

It's been more than 18 months since I had a c-section. I was wondering if it is normal to still have a lot of cramping even after this long. I will also get cramping after me and my hubby have intercourse. Other moms who have had c-sections does this ever go away or is it just something I have to deal with. Also I will get sharp jabbing pain way below the incision, is this normal? I would think after 18 months things would be back to normal somewhat.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Health

• My last c-section was 4.5 yrs ago. I still get the cramping after sex sometimes during sex too. If I work out too long, I get cramping too. Sometimes I even get cramping when I go to stand up. I asked my dr and had a sono done. Everything was fine except I had a lot of scar tissue. Dr said the scar tissue was causing the cramping. Call your dr and have a chat.
    lighthouse98

Answer by lighthouse98 at 1:12 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I have had 2 c-sections and have not had any of the things you are talking about happen to me after less than 3 months. I would consider talking to your doctor about it just in case.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I also had two c-sections and don't recall anything like that. I would call your Dr. Perhaps you developed an infection of some sort...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I had an emergency C and sometimes I get some pain if I work my stomach too hard... as far as sex, I haven't had sex for 5 mos now (he's deployed and that was for R&R!) so I really don't remember. I do think you should talk to your dr about it just in case as well. GL and I hope it goes away!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 12:09 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• it's been almost a year since i had my c-section and every once in awhile i get a feeling like somethings pulling but my dr said it's just me stretching the scar on the inside? (or something like that) but your pain sounds pretty serious i would see a dr.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 12:34 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• My c-section was nearly a year ago and the only lingering effect that I have is numbness at the incision site. I certainly would ask your doctor about the cramping, it doesn't sound normal.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 8:42 AM on Aug. 24, 2009