Kids :(

My Step-Daughter is 17 and is having sex with at least 3 people.Her dad is a cop should i tell him or keep it a secret.She trusts me but?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• TELL HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sometimes to be a parent means that you cannot be their friend too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• You should probably tell him, but try to break the news gently! Maybe she should get on birth control or get some condoms? If you cant stop her (and her dad cant either) then maybe she can at least be safe about it.
    jenrose82

Answer by jenrose82 at 12:03 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Unless you have seen it and know it's a fact you should stay out of it. Tell her to use a condom if she is confiding in you. Then again she may just be telling you this to see if you will tell dad. She may just be saying it for attention. I wouldn't tell dad. It's not like she's 14.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I understand how important the trust thing is especially in a step- mom and daughter relationship but you really need to tell her dad, and you should make sure she is on birth control and speak with her about using condoms as well. If she is already doing it she is not likely to just stop because mom and dad say so.
    Anonymous

• I would talk to her and tell her how wrong it is, you know the whole deal, and then tell her your father needs to know, so you can tell him or I will. Something along those lines but as gentle as posible her being a teen, just my opinion.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:14 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• no dont tell him she will lost fath in u...talk to her trust me i know my mom knew and never told my dad and i respected her for that just make sure she is being safe and one day when she is ready she will tell him....if u tell him just going to make me want to do it even more to get back at yall i am 23 i know....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Uhh... I don't mean to be rude, but why is it any of his business? Unless it's statutory rape (depending on your state's laws, but at 17 I doubt that it will be) he can't do anything about it anyway and it will just make your relationship with her stressful. Just talk to her about safe sex and help her choose a birth control method (on top of always using a condom).
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:57 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• it's a womens thing teach her to protect herself and on with life, i'm sure it's no secret to her dad
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 2:13 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I don't think you should tell him because the first thing he might do is blame you. Why are you just telling me this?" Why did you let her do it ?" I think it might backfire on you. Just make sure she is using protection and let her know it's not such a good idea to have so many partners. Just stick with one guy and introduce him to your dad and maybe he would be more accepting of this type of relationship, not the 3 ppl thing it makes her seem slutty and would be embarrassing for both of them. He might resent you if he knows you know about it and didn't put a stop to it.
    mrs2323

Answer by mrs2323 at 2:22 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Instead of telling him, encourage her to tell him with your support, and you could help prepare him for a talk. Tell her that part of being married is not keeping important secrets from your spouse. I think that having a conversation like this will help keep your trust with her, and also help you build a bridge between the two of them. Come up with a plan together about how to apporach him.
    squish

Answer by squish at 2:29 AM on Aug. 24, 2009