What do you sell to make extra money?

Arts and crafts wise what do you sell at vendor booths to make money? What have you sold successfully and what was a failure? I have two home businesses already but I want to make something to sell at holiday fairs too and need pointers!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

• I've got the perfect idea.  Read my newest article for a great one:

How to start a home-based pacifier personalization business

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:13 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I sell at the swapmeat.I buy in large quantaties.I buy wholesale.I walk into the stores and haggle with the owners for a good price.I am kind of tough on haggling.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Old baby stuff and tickets I win off the radio station.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Oh sorry didnt thoroughly read the whole queastion....i know, people like me annoy me too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Anon1159 No actually thats a good idea! lol. Thanks for the input.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Sounds like you are looking for homemade items. Anything you know how to make. I've seen scarfs, hats, mittens all made of fleece, Baby blankets, baby wipe containers that have been decorated with stuff or covered. Jelly, jams, pies, do you knit or crochet?? Jewelry can be hard but if it's made great and cheap then it might sell better. When I do vendor shows I sell Tupperware which I do make money doing. GOOD LUCK I hope you find a great product. It needs to be something people need/want and different.. GOOD LUCK!!
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 8:11 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Well, I'm with TeaPoria, so this is a little easier for me. But I make up gift baskets with teas, scone & cookie mix, tea sets and whatever else and then sell those. I usually get everything I take sold and then get orders for more... The Teaporia "business" is free and there are no quotas, so I really just use it to do this stuff. I sell the baskets for just under what they would cost me to make if I paid full price... And I always put information with my site in the bottom & put stickers on the tea boxes so they know where to get more. Once that cooler weather kicks in, they just fly out the window! I mean who doesn't want tea and cookies when it's cold? Here's my link, take a look through the site, if you are interested I can also tell you where I get baskets cheap. www.BriesTeas.info

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:29 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I work flea markets, fairs, festivals and just did my first bridal show yesterday with Scentsy. It isn't arts and crafts but I have a good outcome with it and people are always intriqued with the aromas.

I have also ran a resale biz at a flea market at one time. I found clothes are always good. Children clothes especially.
    You can always buy 2nd hand - and add your own touch to it. Ebay does very well on childrens clothing. Just don't overprice your stuff!
    I get so turned off when I see something more than double because someone thought their art work was worth a ton of money! It may be gorgeous, but you can sell more in volume at a good, decent price than you can in one overpriced item.
    gr-mom2

Answer by gr-mom2 at 11:07 AM on Aug. 24, 2009