If you could hire a housekeeper...

If you could hire someone to clean your house what kind of things would you have them do & how much would you pay? My mom offered to get someone to clean for me but most of my problem is just clutter & not having the time/energy with a newborn & his two older brothers. I'm trying to think of what I'd actually have this person do. What would you have them do if it was you?

oahoah

Asked by oahoah at 12:07 AM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Home & Garden

• my mom has someone come and clean her house, she pays her 100 bucks for the whole house. she scrubs cleans wipes dusts everything and organizes shit vacumes. everything.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:17 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• ps. its not THAT big of a house though. i mean, its got 3 bedrooms bathroom kitchen and living room. but its kind of small. she paid her the same to clean my 1 bedroom apartment also.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:18 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• When I was a kid we had someone come in once or twice a month. We always had to have all our junk off the floors and she would come in and vacuum, dust, sweep, mop, clean the baseboards, clean the kitchen and bathrooms, etc. So she cleaned, she didn't pick up.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:30 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• If I had the money, I would pay somebody... like $100 a week (once a week) to come in and straighten up, clean things like the shower and kitchen... all things that I probably should be doing but sometimes I just dont get around to.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 1:01 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• My neighbor has someone come in twice a month to clean, she pays $65 each time. I'm planning on hiring her as well once I return to work. She cleans everything but doesn't pick up the clutter so you would have to do that before a cleaning person arrives.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 8:06 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I wish I could hire someone because I clean other peoples homes. I hate to have to clean my own home on my so called day off. I would just want the basics because I know it is difficult to pick up others clutter since you don't know where it goes. I just tidy the best I can even if it means just stacking it neatly. Also being a cleaner myself I don't need more than the basics because my house does not have clutter. I try to make it as easy as possible for myself to clean. So minimal knickknacks and lots of baskets and containers so there is no papers and junk laying around.
    yldflwr

Answer by yldflwr at 10:40 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I would love to have someone clean the kitchen, bathrooms and laundry room

Answer by rkoloms at 1:45 PM on Aug. 24, 2009