Is the NuvaRing a good birth control option?

ups and downs?

momavanessa

Asked by momavanessa at 12:07 AM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Health

• I loved it! i used it off and on for about 5yrs. Very little side effects for me, and allowed me to keep a flow more normal to myself then any other BC i've ever been on.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:08 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I am on it and love it! It is very easy/simple to use, you don't feel it, HE doesn't feel it...I tried lots of things, 3 different pills, the patch, and the shot, and I love this sooo much!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:17 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Oh, and I have had no downs. No weight gain, no crazy hormonal changes, and my periods are much lighter than they ever have been before!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:18 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• i agree! i've been using it for about a year now and i haven't noticed any negative side effects and you don't even notice it's there.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 12:25 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• When I was on it, I loved it. It regulated my period so well, I could set a watch to it. It also helped to lighten my flow. I couldn't even feel it and was so much easier than taking a daily pill. Just leave it in for 3 wks and out for one. No side effects(weight gain, hormonal fluxes, etc.) either. Perfect. The only complaint I had (which doesn't really count as a serious one) was when the guy I was with pulled the ring out with his magic wand. LOL. Other than that, it was great.
    geminigirl18

Answer by geminigirl18 at 12:59 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I was on it total for about 18 months....I love it...but we are ttc soon so I am off it now.
    Briyawna

Answer by Briyawna at 4:39 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I HATED IT. It gave me terrible cramps and made me so sick ): I have a fairly small "you-know-what" so it could have been just that it as too big for me and that's what caused all the sickness and cramps. At least that's what my doctor said. It made my friend go completely NUTS, but she's sensitive to hormones. I would give it a try and if it works out for you then keep it :) Everyone is different!
    SoLovedByHim

Answer by SoLovedByHim at 5:48 AM on Aug. 24, 2009