What kind of parent do you consider yourself to be ?

Me - I know I am an over protective one ( only me, my husband or my grandma and grandpa, occasionaly my mom...can watch them, they cant ride in the car out of town without me, etc. ) ..they both sleep with me, I carry hand sanitizer with me, but I dont constantly put it on them...jsut for like when we go to the store , after being in the cart, or after my daughter goes potty....I think Im a good mom...I wouldnt do anything different...

My best friend is the complete opposite...she doesnt let "just anyone" watch her son...but if she knows them, she will let them watch him, he doesnt sleep with her and she doesnt understnad how i can even let my kids in my room, etc...
But she is also a great mom !

Anyways...this isnt going to be a debate on what makes a mom a good one...but just to see how we are differnt /...

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 12:17 AM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Free range.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 12:24 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I guess I'm a middle of the road kind of parent. I'm significantly more protective than my best friend, but I do not carry hand sanitizer and I'll let me friends watch my daughter, she even rides the bus to preschool.

I am a little more protective when we are around other kids because my daughter is special needs and is sometimes trampled or pushed down by other children.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:26 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Not sure yet...it's only been a year. I can be somewhat over protective but I don't think it's extreme. I am a picky parent though...I refuse to feed him junk food or buy certain things used. I'm probably a bit lazy too I'll admit but I'll be damned if my son's needs don't come first. He's well fed, well dressed, gets a bath everynight and has never had a diaper rash! But sometimes telling him "NO!" from the couch is easier than getting up and redirecting him away from pushing buttons on the TV LOL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I am a good parent for my kids. My son (8yrs old) claims that it's not fair that his friends can ride bikes in the street but he can't. (hmm I remember that conversation with my mom. The minute she let me ride my bike in the street, I got hit by a car) I have to know where my kids are and what they're doing all the time. I am very affectionate towards them, and I talk to them like they are adults (openly and honestly, but not with crude words, ya know). I help with projects and take them places, teach them things, and if I don't know something, I look it up. I make sure they have at least 3 meals a day, 2 of them hot, including a snack. I cook from scratch not out of a can, and I make sure my kids have clothes that fit and look nice and that they are clean. If that makes me overprotective, I wouldn't want to be anything else.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 1:07 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I am a goofy mom and some would say overprotective but I dont think so. I dont freak out when he falls down or eats some dirt. (he is one year old) but I do make sure that he only eats healthy, non processed foods and he is attached to me all day long until I work 4 hours at night....and by all day I mean he sleeps with me, eats with me, showers with me and follows me into the bathroom. lol.
    I am the type of mom that tries to find a learning opportunity in everything and we are always dancing around the house and teasing eachother.
    I work with three of the best moms I know and we are all very different in parenting.
    My stepsister feeds her kids nothing but junk, ignores them when she is home and swears like a trucker in front of them and I think she is an aweful mom.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:07 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I am a laid back and lazy parent. I gave up control of cleaning the house and ruling the roost. I adore my kids and wouldn't leave them alone with just anyone but get your own breakfast so I can sleep a little longer!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Aug. 24, 2009