Afraid

My 7 month old is afraid of anyone who wears large sunglasses...anyone have any idea why this could be? It has just recently started and I don't know whats going on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No idea, but my daughter is terrified of anyone in a hat (including her father!) as well as men with beards (but a mustache is ok)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:22 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• probably cause so many sunglasses are huge and very very black or reflective of thinigs around people.

try giving her different kinds of sunglasses to play with or even just around her to toddle past and adjust too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I would be to, some people just should not wear big glasses they look over size insects

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:33 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• She knows that that is not what a person's face is supposed to look like. Just comfort her and I liked the idea about letting her play with some big sunglasses to get used to it.

My usually warm and outgoing 15 month old WOULD NOT warm up to her grandfather when he visited for 4 days. Who can say why? Sometimes little kids just get scared of weird things :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:54 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• haha no but thats actually kinda cute...people like that do look scary sometimes. My son (12 mos.) is afraid of any toys that move and make sound. He got this really cute toy train for his birthday and he is terrified of it. Yet he doesn't mind the vacuum cleaner. Go figure!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Aww. I know how you feel, my daughter is scared of men with any kind of facial hair. Except my brother but she has seen him everyday of her life and adores him. At first I thought it was just my uncle she was scared of because to be honest, he looks like a crazy mountain man, but anytime she sees a man with facial hair she freaks out.
    sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 1:43 AM on Aug. 24, 2009