HOW CAN I GET MY ONE YEAR OLD TO SLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT?

mxrcnmammi21

Asked by mxrcnmammi21 at 4:48 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Health

• Read the book No Cry Sleep Solutions. It helped us.
    michelle.west

Answer by michelle.west at 4:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Start this on Friday night:
    Keep her up 2-3 hours later then her regular sleep time.
    Get her up 2-3 hours earlier than her usual get up time.
    Only let her take one nap during the day but shorten it by half.
    Repeat Saturday.
    If she is not going to sleep on her on ealrier that the time you have set, keep it up until she does, and STAYS asleep.
    Ofcourse, you WILL be exhausted.
    calydu

Answer by calydu at 5:21 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I liked No Cry Sleep Solutions. Set up a bedtime routine for going to bed, that will help. If she wakes in the night, comfort her and keep her in bed or put her back to bed. I rub my children's back while they are in bed if they wake up and I want them to stay in bed.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 5:59 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• a long bath right after dinner
    dannersmell

Answer by dannersmell at 6:22 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I definatly would not do the one above that says "keep the baby up 2-3 hours later and wake the baby up 2-3 hours ealier". That is not the way to get your baby to sleep. 1. the baby will be over exhausted and 2. so will her/his parents.
    I read a bunch of books. I like the one by the sleep lady ( i cant remember the whole book title... sorry). It was a great way on how to do it and learn the babies cues on when she/he wants to sleep. I could take a couple weeks if done correctly.
    Christiansmom17

Answer by Christiansmom17 at 7:52 PM on Jul. 28, 2008

• Be Strong and don't give in to the cries it's a trick!. If she is in a bed and gets up just keep putting her back and don't say anything but bed time or night night or what ever you normally say. I will be tough and with a few very looong nights but it will work if you stick with it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:23 PM on Sep. 11, 2008

• Sorry I'm not saying don't check on her if the cries continue. In fact I think you should look in every 20 min or so if there is crying involved.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:25 PM on Sep. 11, 2008