How often do you stay up late on CM, and does your SO or DH get angry about it?

I am so very awake right now and do not feel nearly ready to go to sleep and my son sleeps in usually until between 10-11 AM every morning. I am a SAHM! He says he cannot sleep unless I am laying next to him. I told him that I often just lay there wide awake and eventually get back up and get on the computer or something. He just said he wants me to just lay there until he is asleep and then I can get up if I am still wide awake. I would rather just stay up until I am ready to lay down. Am I wrong, should I just lay down with him for a couple minutes(he is one of those types that falls asleep about 60 seconds after his head hits the pillow, because he is sleep deprived).

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 12:33 AM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• Nightime is the only real "quiet" time I have to just kick back and relax online!!! Its way too hectic during the day-I too am a SAHM,but theres just way too much going on during the day,and I am constantly on the go right after our son & spending time with him so by the time he goes to bed Im ready for some ME time...Depending on the night i may end up being up til 1 or 2 in the morning-it depends how early I have to get up the next morning.My Boyfriend doesn't say too much about it because he usually watches tv for a little bit,and then he ends up falling asleep.I'm not on the computer every night though,sometimes I'll lay down and try to goto sleep then after he's asleep I get back up and end up online for awhile.In my opinion you shouldnt have to lay down every night with your S.O.,but maybe once in awhile just lay down and spend a few minutes with him til he falls asleep-atleast he falls asleep fast! lol Good Luck!!!
    dakotasmommy06

Answer by dakotasmommy06 at 12:42 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I can be on it around 2 or 3am. Even later if i can't sleep. Dh doesn't care if i'm on it. Sometimes when i get on his nerves he says "why don't you go on cafemom" lol
    funmommy123

Answer by funmommy123 at 12:53 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• til 1:30am to 2am if he works, he doesnt get angry cuz he's at work...lol

speratically until I get tired when he doesnt work, like i'll just come to the comp every couple hours, check e-mail, myspace, etc and then i get off in like 10minutes
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 1:15 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• yes my honey gets jealous of cafemom.. go watch amovie with him go to bed early read a book,! knit, have sex a million other thing to do
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 2:06 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• From what you said, it's not that he resents you being on cafemom late at night. It sounds like he resents it because he feels like you are choosing cafemom over him, that he wants to spend that time with before bed / before sleep with you, and you want to spend it on cafemom.

If he really does go to sleep that fast, then why not go lay down with him until he goes to sleep, then get up if you're still awake? There are a lot of times I go to bed with my dh, but I can't sleep (I'm an insomniac) so I get up, I read, whatever. But going to bed at the same time as my dh, and having that snuggle time alone in our bed (whether with sex or not) is valuable to both of us, and is good for our marriage.

It sounds like that's what your dh is asking for - that time with you, then, when he's asleep, he doesn't care if you go back to cafemom, not that he doesn't want you on it at all at night :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:14 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I get what most of you are saying but, I am the type of person who is constantly looking for the quickest way from point A to B. I just cannot fathom wasting time laying there wide awake and getting pissed off and angry because I am laying there wide awake when I knew in the first place that I would not be able to sleep. I would just wake up in the morning VERY, VERY angry and bitter because of it, and take it out on him! then we wind up arguing all night the next night!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 3:36 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• because i will just lay there stewing in my thoughts and by the next day when he gets home from work, I will be so EXTREMELY pissed off at him because I was laying there in bed for no good reason!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 3:39 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I see what you're saying, because it does seem like a waste of time - why bother going to bed if you aren't tired, right?

But maybe if you could try looking at it this way, it might help some. You aren't laying there wasting time - you're giving him the gift of this time to someone who loves you and wants to be with you. You aren't wasting your time, you're making a relatively easy but important investment into your marriage :-)

Maybe if you look at it like that, it wouldn't be as frustrating for you :-) Sort of like if you wanted him to go shopping with you - he might think it's a waste of time, because after all, it only takes 1 of you to buy whatever, but you want him to go because you like having him there... (or whatever you like that he doesn't :-) )
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:08 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I'm usually on until about 1-2 am.... he's deployed and i like to stay near the computer because he gets online about those times.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:39 AM on Aug. 24, 2009