Location of fetus?

Does anyone know where exactly where in the belly a fetus is during certain weeks of pregnancy? I am a bit over 12 weeks (2nd preg) and I know that the OB always checks low down for the HB, but I also know the fetus is higher up in the belly area. (i.e. is it currently under the belly button, right above, etc.) If no one knows, does anyone know of a website that can show this? I've looked and looked and can't find one with the exact info I'm looking for. Also, has anyone having a 2nd or beyond pregnancy and felt the baby this early? Thanks!

Heidi70

Asked by Heidi70 at 12:43 AM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• At 12 weeks your uterus is barely poking above your pubic bone. You won't be able to feel it just yet. The reason your doctor gets a heartbeat and doesn't have to basically probe your vagina for it is because the doppler (the little tool they use to find a heartbeat) uses ultrasound waves and it doesn't have to be right over the baby's heart.

By 15 weeks your fundus (the top part of your uterus) will be about halfway between your pubic bone and your belly button. At 20 weeks it's right at your belly button and at 40 weeks it's up under your rib cage! It's crazy how fast our little ones grow!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:47 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I know the dr. didn't have to be right on the heart to hear the HB, that 's why I was wondering where the baby actually is residing within my belly. Thanks so much for your answer. It helps a lot!!
    Heidi70

Answer by Heidi70 at 1:08 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• It's my 3rd pregnancy, 2nd to make it this far(miscarried my first). I'm 15 weeks, but I've been able to feel the baby for a couple weeks now! I don't get kicks yet, but I do feel the baby move around from the front to the back, etc. I forget which websites I used to go to to find all that info, but I just google'd pregnancy and uterus. You can also try looking for other keywords like fetus placement, etc. Good luck finding the info!
    RorysMom119

Answer by RorysMom119 at 1:32 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• At 12 weeks the BABY (sorry, I dont refer to an unborn child as a "fetus") is located not much higher than your public hair line... maybe about 3cm or so
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:56 AM on Aug. 24, 2009