is this fuzziness normal?

DD used to be on alimentum, but doctor changed her formula to similac advance since dd didn't like the taste of alimentum and would only eat 2 0z per feeding, this tuesday will be 2 weeks on similac advance but she has been really fuzzy and wants to eat all the time, during the day she won't sleep much, also she gets really constipated on it,she poops like pebbles but doesnt bleed, is this fuzziness and this bad constipation go away after a while?

maryfer

Asked by maryfer at 1:01 AM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• oh dd is almost 4 months by the way
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 1:01 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• It seems like she's just having adjusting to a new formula - the constipation is one of the signs.
    You could try mixing half and half - and gradually wean out of it.
    And give her some mashed fruit to relieve her constipation as well.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 1:04 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• not sure what you mean by fuzzy....

but by the other things I'd change the formula
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:04 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• She means fussy....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• yes lol fussy haha thanks anon
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 1:07 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Ohh... lol. I was trying to figure it out too.
    Well, yeah - then it's definitely her adjusting to a new formula. If you didn't wean her off of it.. and kind of did it "cold turkey" - it's a little shock for her system. You did it under pedi orders and care - so if the constipation persists and the fussiness seems to migrate towards pain - I would definitely bring this up with the pedi.
    You can also try giving her a little bit of Mylicon gas drops to see if that mind help. Possibly gripe water as well.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 1:09 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Have you considered relactating or using donor milk? That would definately solve the constipation problem since breastmilk is a natural laxitive. Other than that I don't have many other solutions... I'm a BFer, so I'm sorry if this doesn't help.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:09 AM on Aug. 24, 2009