For those who compare Obama to Hitler

I just watched a video on youtube where a protester was complaining about being physically attacked. It turns out she was attacked by a young Jewish girl for holding up a sign that compared Obama to Hitler. SO I was wondering... how would you explain/excuse yourself to someone who lost a loved one in a concentration camp during WWII? Would you accept and realize that their hostility towards you is probably justified?

Jafra_mommy

Asked by Jafra_mommy at 1:35 AM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It really shows a lack of knowledge of HISTORY and a lack of respect for those who were or had family that were actual victims of Nazi Germany. There is no acceptable explanation of the comparison, and there is also no excuse for violence.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:38 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I don't think she was justified by attacking the woman. It is not like the woman is condoning what Hitler did. I think it was uncalled for. I can understand her being upset but did she physically attack her history teacher for teaching about WW II? Do you see Someone suggesting Obama is like Hitler is just saying we should be careful not to repeat the past.

I think the one that I was most disgusted with was the woman who said Hiel Hitler to a Jewish guy that was talking about being for Obamacare. That woman was just plain ignorant. That woman is the one hurting the cause.

Here is the link for that for those that haven't seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVS4Zgjm8HE

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Sorry about the (do you) part that is what I get for listening to hubs talk and typing lol! So just omit that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I don't think the woman should've been attacked. BUT it made me wonder about those who do compare Obama to Hitler, and how they would explain themselves to someone who lost a loved one in a concentration camp. IMO, I think the anger is justified. I don't think physical violence is, but to compare Obama to someone as vile and evil as Hitler is going to cause those who are still living with the memory of those they loved who were lost very angry.
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 2:16 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• yeah I just watched that youtube vid above, that women is a disrespectful POS.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• There are people that are truly afraid Obama will do what Hitler did. There are elderly people who fought against Hitler, who are afraid those atrocities will happen in our own country.
    I personally think the Obama/Hitler paraphernalia is a bit much. Those images HAUNT people. I think what I would say to the people who still feel the wounds of Hitlers wrath I would say ( They are not condoning what Hitler did. They are expressing concern over the thought of such a terrible fate will be laid upon this Country as it did several others in the past.)

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I am Jewish and was disgusted when Bush was compared to Hitler and am disgusted by Obama being compared to Hitler. There are sick and disgusting people in both major parties who have no clue what my grandmother and others went through at Auschwitz. Dems cannot act like they are better they did this too.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• PS... I'm a liberal independent. I didn't care for Bush, but I was never insulting towards him. I always kinda felt bad for him because he was sooo bad at public speaking.
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 2:47 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Um if this was in America we have the Freedom of Speech. We don't have the right to Freedom of Assault. It doesn't matter where this little girl's family was but she cannot assault someone. It is illegal.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:50 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• SusieD50, care to answer the question? This isn't about assault.
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 2:54 AM on Aug. 24, 2009