potty training

my daugter is almost 2 1/2 and is doing pretty good going on the potty.. she can hold her pee when she wants to ... she pees in under wear wont pee in pull ups but pees in diapers too.. i cant afford pull ups when i dont think shes fully ready for them so i let her run naked in our house. i want her to get bettered potty trained so she can wear under wear am i just being impatient or is she being lazy or what shes been at this since she was like 18 months or younger.... she just started going a whole lot on the potty but hates unerwear i bought her every kind there is

rjune2009

Asked by rjune2009 at 1:48 AM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Take her on a "girls date"....let her pick lunch, have her nails done and let her pick out her own panties...then maybe you pick out some too...this might give her the sense that panties are special and she may not want to pee in them...just an idea.
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:05 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Stop putting diapers/pull-ups on her!!! My dd wanted her ears pierced, so I told her to go potty on the toilet like a big girl and she could have earrings. She was day and night, poop and pee trained in 2 days. She has never had an accident!
    mommy2karsyn

Answer by mommy2karsyn at 10:09 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I agree with the person above me, dont put on diapers or pull ups. Once she keeps peeing in her undies she may not like the feeling of being wet. I also could not afford to keep buying pull ups, so I went cold turkey!! I had to deal with the accidents, but now my 2 yr old has VERY FEW accidents. She can go days without having one!! She has been excellent!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 8:58 PM on Aug. 24, 2009