Is occasional cramping "normal" around first trimester?

I am already showing but am unsure how far along I am. I am thinking I am around 6 weeks. I have my first doc apt coming up soon and I will ask him this question but till I ask him I want to know what you know.... is it "normal" to have cramping in the first trimester? Its only made me cry 2 times and it happens at least 4 times a day. For the most part when I cramp I have to stop what I am doing and I try to take deep breaths. They dont last for more than a min.

Thank you for taking your time to read this! :)

2Feet

Asked by 2Feet at 3:04 AM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you are showing at six weeks? maybe you are a lot further along then 6 weeks, if you are crying from cramping, to me that don't sound normal. If I was you I would call laber and delivery and ask to speak to a nurse and tell her your symptoms, cuz it just don't sound normal, that's just my opinion.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:19 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Your most likely bloated that is why you think your showing. You don't start showing to around 4-5 months. Anyways..cramping should be light. If your doubled over or crying it sounds a little more urgent and I would call your doctors office and speak with a nurse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I agree, some cramping is normal, but it shouldn't be that severe. And you shouldn't be showing at 6 weeks, maybe it is bloating. I did that a lot early on.
    reava

Answer by reava at 10:08 AM on Aug. 24, 2009