Why are people so extremely STUPID?

They really are! I just do not understand the high rate of stupidity, it is all around me every single day of my life. I see evidence very often on this very site which is geared towards mothers. Although I am now set on my son attending Public school(after MUCH, MUCH thought) I am still wary of the type of education he will receive.
And the really stupid ones are the ones who refuse any informed advice!! I suppose for some reason, I am unable to comprehend this action since I am a very logical human being! Why do so many people CHOOSE to be so damn stupid? Everything you do is a choice, including being stupid!

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 3:11 AM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Is your question about stupidity ot the public school system? I believe in the PSS just as much as other mothers believe in homeschooling or private school. The reason I say this is because I work for the school dist. here and I see how hard our teachers work to make sure their kids make the grade. There are many more avenues to take in the PSS then the others, While I DO NOT agree with Gov. Schwartzeneggers cuts and teachers being cut, if you only saw how hard they are trying to adjust to this situation and I am one parent that will be volunteering to help with overflow work for a teacher. No it won't be my sons teacher or even in his grade so as not to be accused of having an inside hand on my sons work. You wouldn't believe how many STUPID moms at our school who NEVER get involved or bother to learn about what is going on, go on to tell the community that I get paid to be on the PTA and to volunteer. THEY ARE STOOOOPID!
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 3:21 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• If you are talking about all mothers. Maybe they are stupid to you, but to them being who they are works for them and there family, everyone is diferent and diferent things work for diferent people. Sometimes I find other people doing what I think is stupid things but that's what works for them. That is why I focus on me and my family and not pay attention to anyone elses life.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:28 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I try not to pay attention! I try hard actually! And I am referring to what is stupid to me, what is stupid to me is stupid to everyone with a brain. Which lately, I have found to be not one single person i have come across. EVERYONE and I do mean EVERYONE I come into contact with over the past year or so Is so damn stupid, NOONE HAS ANY BASIC COMMON SENSE ANYMORE.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 3:48 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Care to elaborate on that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:40 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Maybe they arent stupid, but your way too judgemental. How can EVERYONE be stupid? ever think the problem isnt theirs, but yours?
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 6:58 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Well..thats a great vent! Im glad you got all that out...LOL! Im not sure exactly what the venting was in reference to...but for all of us educated or uneducated "stupid" peoples defense...."Stupidity isnt necessarily about education. Its about choices we make that other people perceive or judge upon their own standards. (yeah, yeah, I know this is going to piss you off) But the standards that your judging another person by as stupid are, of course your own lack of standards...why else would you see them as stupid. You dont know the other person, their problems or their situation that they are involved in or distracted which may or may not have prompted a particular choice and given a different set of circumstances the choices one makes maybe quite different....so even thou I DO understand your vent...its a little unorthodoxed to vent without a clear point...would you consider that stupid?
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 7:30 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I think there are differences between being "stupid", making choices with which I would disagree, and ignorance. Being "stupid" is an active choice-- knowing better and having the better option before you yet making the wrong choice consistently. A choice with which I disagree may make no sense to me, but makes reasonable sense to the person making the choice. Ignorance is simply not knowing any better and acting foolishly as a consequence.

I've also learned that when I have a problem with a few people, there probably is something about them that is bothersome. But when "everyone" is wrong-- more likely than not there is something "wrong" with me, not them.

After looking at your profile, well... there are a few things for which I would consider you "stupid," making disagreeable choices, and downright ignorant. Judge not lest you be judged.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Aug. 24, 2009