Swine Flu Pandemic bill clears Massachusetts Senate?

Okay I was looking up some stuff on swine flu and ran across this. has anyone else heard of this bill?

H.R. 2028
It says they can close buildings and enter private property to administer vaccines?
Also fines or jail time ?

Here are the links

http://www.necn.com/Boston/Health/2009/04/28/Emergency-planning-taking/1240968255.html

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/91399

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 AM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:53 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• As much as I hate the thought of the government being injected into our lives at every turn, I accept that there are times when it IS necessary--as in a full-blown pandemic!

In order to control the spread of illness or disease, it is imperative to cordon off the area as best as possible and the infected people. If people are going to defy the authorities then they should be locked up and/or fined--instead of being able to continue to spread the illness/disease.

And as for entering private property to administer vaccines or medications, think of all the "shut in" types (elderly, physically disabled, those on bed rest, etc.) who would have difficulty getting to a health clinic, or in getting to a clinic could potentially compromise their health.

This is just state of emergency preparedness--unlike ObamaCare which could make such practices run-of-the-mill situations!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:07 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I'm from Massachusetts. I had no idea the outbreak was so bad that we need an emergency outbreak team! To be honest, I'm not sure how much I like this. I'd need more information. For example, what do they call "private property" (private homes? private businesses? private nursing homes? etc.)? Under what circumstances could they enter it? Just homebound eldery? As with any legislation, the devil isn't in the detail, but in vagness and what is omitted. I certainly agree with them being able to close public buildings (many schools opted to close back in the spring), but when they venture into the private sector, I have a problem.....
    Imogen13

Answer by Imogen13 at 8:30 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• The only thing I have a problem with is if they are allowed to enter places and administer vaccines to those who DONT want it.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 9:05 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• BEXi - that would be my only concern regarding the private property thing.
    I'll have to check out the link regarding fines because I find that to be scary!
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 10:02 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I am not fine with them being able to come into my home to force vaccinations. My family would willingly stay home and quarantine ourselves if we had the swine flu but not one drop of that barely tested vaccine will enter my body or home. We actually had the swine flu in April we all stayed home and were very bored. My daughter has asthma and was the only one to have symptoms. She still was not very sick since she is a healthy kid. She was tested and it came back positive so they tested the rest of the family we all came back positive for it. I was pregnant and still we fine I have no underlying health issues and just made sure to rest. In this pandemic I think this is a bit drastic measure. This flu as quickly as it spreads still has not killed as quickly as the seasonal flu. I see drug makers liking this a lot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Aug. 24, 2009