what is the most expensive single item your child owns and why did u buy it?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 4:27 AM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Shopping

• I purchased a pottery barn kitchen set for my daughter when she was 18mos old. The set costs roughly 900.00. I purchased the set because number one i liked it, it was durable, i felt that it would hold it's style for years, not like some of the other sets that become outdated in a few months. I looked at it as an heirloom piece that she could pass down to her children... She is now 5yrs old and the set looks like new. She still loves to play with it..
    inmybizz

Answer by inmybizz at 8:29 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• big wheels ford truck it was $300, he always wants to drive in daddies truck, now when daddy is at work he can drive his own truck.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 4:45 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• They each have a Nintendo DS. It started out with my oldest having one, and then the other two kept begging her to use it, so we got them all three brand new ones a couple of Christmases ago. By that time the oldest's was pretty beat up and part of the touch screen wasn't working, so she got one too. My youngest is only 6 but believe it or not she takes great care of hers and keeps everything together in it's case.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 5:22 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• the zebra bouncing horse thing (she's 21 mos!) and it was on sale for $18.00 at a used place (reg $70). She also has a tricycle that was $45. She's not old enough to have anything expensive yet!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:28 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• my sons carseat was like $300.... and their bouncer (shared) $200.... and daughter has a HUGE wooden bead toy like u see in a dr's office waiting room and that was around $400. I am sick a lot and in/out of the hospital and out of commission so I can't crawl around on the floor or take 'em to the park as much as they need/deserve. So I buy a lot of guilt gifts. And I sickeningly think if they have nice things they'll be more popular and have more friends (they're 3 + 4) Their video game bike thing was $100, too... they have a bunch of stuff in the very pricey range I guess. W/ the exception of the high end carseat it's all frivilous trash.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:38 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• The most expense thing Jeff owns is a laptop.He save his money from work and and pay for it himself.He get it because he wants to go to college in January , he will need it to do school work on it.
    Alieda

Answer by Alieda at 7:48 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I think it would be his crib. I wanted a nice one without a drop rail. I am glad he got it too because it has a nice thick edge so when I am standing near his bed putting him to sleep I can rest an arm and head on the edge. It has been a life saver on those nights when I am too exhausted to stand up straight!

Also, I got him a nice umbrella stroller from MaClaren. It's not the cheapest model but it's just one step up from the cheapest (the cheapest from MaClaren is still not cheap). I am so glad for it though because it is an absolute dream to use and I have used it so much.

He doesn't have expensive things other than that at this point. I paid $40 for a truck he can stand up and push which helped him learn to walk at 11 months. I feel like that was a good purchase also.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:01 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• An electronic drum set ($2,100). It was a Christmas present. Probably not one of our smartest investments, but he does love it and it is really cool.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 8:07 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• DD's Wii was only $250. HER NINTENDO dsi WAS $160, HER COMPUTER WAS $700, HER BEDROOM SET WAS $1100, HER tv WAS ONLY $200. I DON'T KNOW, NONE OF IT WAS REALLY THAT EXPENSIVE.
    mirandar2001

Answer by mirandar2001 at 8:21 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• My dd has a computer in her room that Grandma paid half of. She enjoys going on Club Penguin and other kid's sites, and she also has some educational games that she plays on it. We just broke down and bought her a Nintendo DS for her 9th birthday, she has wanted one for 2 years!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 8:25 AM on Aug. 24, 2009