how did you deal with pregancy insomia?

I can't sleep. its been about 2 days now this week so far, where i cannot fall asleep, or i will but for a shor about of time. I have the achy hips and legs and its hard for me to find a postion to sleep in. How did yu deal with your pregancy insoima. anything would be nice so ic an get a good nights sleep

Kaleesi

Asked by Kaleesi at 5:49 AM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• try sweet dreams hot tea before bedtime before you try medicinal routes. it worked great for me and i slept. i also took a relaxing warm bath in the evenings about an hour after dinner and slept with a heating pad under my hip for the achy feeling and for my sciatica. Try these and talk to your doctor. I hope they help you as much as they did me!!
    innocencexinxme

Answer by innocencexinxme at 8:11 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• With my youngest it got so bad I took Ambien for it. It's a Category B for pregnancy. They gave me a 14 day supply and after a couple of weeks I was back on track.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 7:21 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• i got a CD, some pregnancy relaxation CD, that used imagery. it was about 1 hour long but i swear i never got past 5 minutes, because i would be asleep that fast! and i would SNORE which i don't usually do if i fell asleep listening to it! it was really weird. i wish i could remember what it was but i just searched pregnancy relaxation CD on amazon.com. there were a couple of discs, one for early to mid pregnancy and one for late pregnancy to prep you for birth (i think). i listened to them during labor too but i was so distracted i didn't really even notice them. i wished i could use them afterwards when i had my newborn but i used headphones to listen and i couldn't do that because i had to listen for my baby to wake up to nurse every 2 hours! :) good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Aug. 24, 2009