Help!!

My son has been sleeping through the night since he was 5 weeks old! And is now waking up every three hours! Why isnt he sleeping like he used to? What can i do?

victoriak12708

Asked by victoriak12708 at 7:03 AM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hmmm...good luck and when you find out let me know! My daughter is 2.4 and she is the WORST sleeper ever! She used to sleep just fine. She'll wake up like 3 or 4 times.
    minimommy816

Answer by minimommy816 at 7:11 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Babies are growing and changing, sometime you get lucky and get a sleeper that starts out young, and sometimes you don't. Sometimes they change their schedules. just be consistent and stick with it...my DS did not sleep through the night till around 18 months!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 7:52 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• He could be having a growth spurt and is just more hungry. My daughter didn't sleep through the night until she was about 8 months old so I wouldn't know from expierence sorry.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 10:32 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• babies sleep patterns change...my daughter slept through the night at 2 months and is now a year old and sometimes will still wake up 2 or 3 times....sleeping through the night for a baby is 5 hours, not 8-10 like we would like. but they won't establish good sleeping patterns sometimes for a couple years.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:35 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I think this is very normal. My baby slept through the night for the first 6 months of his life. Then for the next 9 months, he would wake up every few hours. Now he's 2 and sleeps 9-11 hours every night and 2-3 hours for his nap during the day. Just give him time.
    CVRsmommy

Answer by CVRsmommy at 1:50 PM on Aug. 24, 2009