Yeast Infections

So TMI i know but i just had a yeast infection that i treated with monistat about 3 weeks ago.. Then on thursday my dentist perscribed me antibiotics (which cause yeast infections) and I have another yeast infection. Is it safe to take monistat again so soon? I read in the pamphlet that comes with it that if you get more than 3 yeast infections in said amount of time to see a doctor but I know why i have one this time..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 AM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Health

• If you know you get one when you're on antibiotics, I wouldn't worry about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• You can also put vinegar into a tub full of water and sit in it. (about 1/4 cup in enough warm water to cover you areas) The vinegar drys it up. it takes more than on sitting...so to speak, but it works. And yes I think its ok to use monistat again. Also wash you underclothes really well & put vinegar into the rinse water that helps kill the bacteria that may attach to you undies. The vinegar smells but its worth it, in the end.
    Yeast infections are soooo miserable. I hope you feel better.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 8:09 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Be carefull about which Monistat you use. I used the Monistat 1 when I had an infection and it burned!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on Aug. 24, 2009