my son is 3 days old. when do i start giving him more than 2 ounce bottles?

I give him 2 but sometimes it seems like its not enough. But at 1st he use to throw up a lot.

tremother23

Asked by tremother23 at 8:38 AM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• when i supplemented with formula he only drank amybe 1/2 to an ounce every hour or 2... he was only at 2 ounces every 2 hours at 2 months... so i dont know... if he still seems hungry offer a paci< if you use it> babies that young love to suck!

and if he still seems hungry just offer 1/2 an ounce
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 8:49 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• He's only 3 days old, you still have a few months to go, plus the pediatrician will tell you when it's time. Babies eat more frequently in the early months.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 9:33 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• My baby is a week and a half. She is breastfed but she has had a bottle of breastmilk a couple of times. She eats every four hours and when she had a bottle she took between 3 and 4 ounces.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Watch your baby. If still hungry, offer another and see how much he drinks. Don't force him to finish. If he takes more great, if not, then he's still fine with just two ounces. The thing is to watch for when he say no so you don't accidently overfeed him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• When he starts eating more than 2 oz. What I did with my son was feed him 2 oz to start out, and if he was still hungry, I'd feed him more an ounce at a time. When it got to the point where he consistently wanted more, I started giving 3 oz to start out, and it continued like that.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:39 AM on Aug. 24, 2009