How should I feel in this awkward situation?

This happened a while back but since my husband always manages to hurt me it takes me back to this day. We were out at a bar for dinner an drinks. Our waitress came to to the table. He then said " What's on special tonight besides you?" I was floored he would do that in front of me. What is your take? He says he was just playing around and said women like that kind of stuff. Me personally I was hurt and humilated. Plus the waitress gave me this look as if she was embarrassed for me. I wish there was room to print my whole story but to say briefly I feel he has a weird way of appreciating women. He also has struggled with porn. Sometimes I wonder if he still sneaks to watch it. My heart is hurting and he thinks nothing is a big deal. He just expects me to be happy and warm. He always wants to snuggle... But it is hard when you are hurting. He does not understand.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm sorry he's treating you that way. It's not right. I can't think of any justificiation as to why a husband would do that. My husband can be an ass but if he ever had the balls to say anything like that I'd get up and leave him there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• It sounds like your husband is a complete womanizing ass. Mine watches porn too, but he doesn't try to hide it from me and I don't mind, and he would never hit on another woman, not even jokingly.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 8:48 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Sometimes guys have an odd sense of humor. It was probably something that just popped out without his thinking about it first. Very inappropriate. If this just happened the one time, you should let it go. Perhaps counseling would help iron out some of the rough patches and help you two connect again.

Answer by Bmat at 9:00 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• If he's making comments to women in general but especially in front of you then maybe the problem goes even deeper, be cautious and use protection when being initmate, try counseling too, find a preacher or someone to help with these serious issues.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 9:31 AM on Aug. 24, 2009