So What Is Everyone Doing Today?

Are you a SAHM? Do you work? What do you do during the day? What are you getting ready to do today? :)

I just got a job (DD is 3 months old, I figure it's time to go back to work!) I'm a grooming assistant at a veterinary clinic; it's much better than dealing with people, IMO! The only negative is that on the days I work, I have to get up at 5 to take hubby to work, then I go in at 7:30. Too early! Lol.

SarahLeeMorgan

Asked by SarahLeeMorgan at 9:26 AM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Your lucky you got a job, I've been looking but noone wants to hire a pregnant woman, I have a great resume and experience, and have been looking into retail and whatever at this point.
    So today I'm on cafemom, doing laundry and running after my 11 month old DD.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 9:28 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Monday again? {groan}
    I have to pay the mortgage, call the bank and straighten out a payment we were charged twice for, get serious about my college assignment and get it finished !, and then do some housecleaning.

My teens began their first day back to school this morning and were so excited they had to wake me up to show me how they looked...lol. The first week is always dull in the classrooms, but they'll be excited to see friends they've missed over the summer. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:29 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• im taking my daughter to the doctors today she has open blistes on her and there spreading no it is not the chicken poxs
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• lets see-im a SAHM. today i dont have too much going on. laundry, cooking, cleaning, getting hubby off to work at 2, a couple errands. normally andy has speech therapy today but his schedule got changed yesterday so we are back to tuesdays and thursdays
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 9:32 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• MommaRox: I'm sorry you're having a hard time finding work! The only reason I got this job is because of my best friend's mom; she works there and put in a good word for me, AND they fired the girl they HAD working there because they caught her stealing, lol.

Prydferth: I miss the first day of school; can't wait until DD is old enough to start! And I really should be doing some house cleaning too, but eh, it can wait! :-p
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 9:33 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Anon :31: That really stinks! I hope she gets better soon!!!

SThompson: Sounds like you've got a pretty busy schedule! :)
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 9:35 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Thanks Sarah, that's how most people get their jobs I know it's common, I'm kinda new to my area, and my moms husband knows everyone, he works for UPS and I've tried to tell him to put in a word for me, but he's an A-Hole......
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 9:36 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Im a SAHM. I'm watching my 4 week old and i should be doing housework, but i really don't see that happening anytime soon.

I'm just cafemomming by doing a ton of showdowns and drinking Dr Pepper.

Fun life. :|
    GrungeMum

Answer by GrungeMum at 9:38 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• MommaRox: try looking on Craigslist. Most of the listings are junk but sometimes you can find really good jobs on it; it's worth a shot! GL!!!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 9:40 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I'm a SAHM/MawMaw, my youngest child is 14, so she's at school. But I have my 4 year old granddaughter today. I will be finishing up some laundry, doing some cleaning, and of course CafeMoming!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 9:42 AM on Aug. 24, 2009