Why do so many people have abortions, when there are so many moms who want a baby?

There are so many moms who can't have children and then you have the girls that abuse the ability to have children. Why not look for a good mom that wants a baby because there are many moms out there that cannot have children!

Alicia019

Asked by Alicia019 at 9:30 AM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Because if those moms really wanted a baby that badly, they'd adopt one of the 100,000 children in the foster system that need a home already, which costs nothing compared to adoption through an agency.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• This argument is so overdone. Bottom line, you can't tell someone what they can or cannot do with their body. Bitch and moan about it all you want but that's the way it is.
    And if these moms want children so badly, how about fostering a child or adopting an older child? There are SO many kids out there who need homes and there are SO many people who want to adopt, but will only adopt a baby. (Personally, I'm adopted and was adopted as a newborn, but my sister was adopted as a 4 year old, after my parents fostered her for three years.)
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 9:38 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• if you're one of those moms, go adopt a kid that WANTS to be adopted.
    there's too many kids in there, no one wants to pay attention to them because they want a newborn
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 9:39 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Abortion isn't always the answer but girls/women do it for many different reasons, maybe they don't want to put the child up for adoption b/c they couldn't bare having a child then having to give it up, there's all different types of reasons. It is sad though...I agree with the other mother's there are plenty of American children and babies needing families, I'd adopt one if I could afford it, but my husband already has 3 of his own, plus our 2!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Because most people who have an abortion are not thinking of the baby or the fact that there are so many who would love to adopt a child. They don't want to be pregnant for 9 months and have all the morning sickness, heartburn, aches and pains when they know they don't want (for whatever reason) the baby.
    Put it simply.... Pure selfishness.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:45 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I AGREE WITH EVERYONE HERE. THERE ARE SO MANY OLDER KIDS THAT WANTS TO BE LOVED AND HAVE A FAMILY THEY CAN CALL THERE OWN. PEOPLE HAVE FORGOT ABOUT THE TEENS OUT THERE IN FOSTER CARE. MY MOM WAS A FOSTER PARENT AND WOULD ONLY TAKE TEENS IN. SO WE ALWAYS HAD A HOUSE FULL OF KIDS.
    okc-mom-2

Answer by okc-mom-2 at 9:46 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Giving up a child for adoption isn't easy ( I know from personal expierence ). You have to be a very stong person. It's a lot eaiser said then done. Without abortions the world would be overpopulated and there would be more deaths at home because of the people trying to do at home abortions.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 9:48 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• As an adoptee in the reunion process, I can tell you that I do not look to adoption to solve the abortion problem. "There are so many mothers who want babies, why not just give yours' away" is like asking someone cut their own arm off and hand it to someone else (for most biological mothers that carry a child to term). I LOVE my adoptive parents and wouldn't change my life for anything in this world but I still have great sympathy for pregnant women in crisis.

My personal opinion is that children should be kept with their natural parents and given resources and help if necessary to do so. So many times adoption or abortion are perminent solutions to a temporary situation. We should offer better education & prevention FIRST, resources and help second when pregnancy does occur and then get into adoption/abortion. I am absolutely anti-abortion, don't get me wrong, but in my mind adoption does not solve the abortion problem.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 10:33 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• There are an infinite amount of reasons why someone would have an abortion. There isn't an answer to your questions. Every women is different and needs to make different decisions. Like many other aspects of life, there isn't a "one size fits all" answer to this question.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 10:41 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Are the foster homes empty?  I don't think so!

Are the adoption agencies running out of stock?  On the contrary, there is a surplus.

Do infertile couples spend their money on adoption fees?  No, they spend it on infertility treatment.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:41 AM on Aug. 24, 2009