Woke up this morning and decided....

That I'm going to do it. I'm going to turn my life around. My divorce is final in October, and I"ve always wanted to continue my education. I'm going this evening to register for classes and I'm going to work on my goal to be a counsler. I'm getting out of this dead end relationship I've been in for 5 months, I have known for a long time that it wasn't going anywhere. So any advice or words of encouragement for me? I want to keep up this positive attitude!

jillisue808

Asked by jillisue808 at 10:20 AM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• Dump the guy and just do what you want. Be independent and enjoy the single life. Congrats on going back to school I wish I had the courage to do that. Just keep up the positivety and it will take you far.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 10:22 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• way to goYour decision is the first step. Good for you. You can do this

Answer by admckenzie at 10:24 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• It sounds like you have thought about what you want to do in your life. I think it is GREAT that you are going back to school-- good luck!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:25 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I'm super excited about going back to school....a little nervous about letting the guy go though lol...he's been my life for 5 months but I know it needs to be done. I just don't know how to do it, I'm constantly thinking about him and I hope I have the stregnth not to pick up the phone and call him. Maybe I'll be so swamped with homework I won't find the time to call LOL.
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 10:27 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I couold go back now, but when things settle and even out for me i'm going back too!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 10:45 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Whooo Hoooo You Go Girl. An education and achieving your goals is only going to help you have an awesome life.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 10:52 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Way to go!! There is nothing better than knowing that you are going to have a better life. This is proof that our future is in our hands. This is a great example for your children. You are teaching them to stand up for themselves and to do what makes them happy. I am happy for you. With what you have been through, I think that you would make a great counselor. Good luck and never give up!!!!
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 11:19 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Thanks for the positive feedback, you guys are awesome!
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 2:39 PM on Aug. 24, 2009