No Mess Waffles! Seriously

Okay it isn't a question but I found a way to make waffles and pancakes not so messy. My kids demand breakfast @ 7am so I don't make them from scratch. I use the frozen kind but it works for home made ones, too.

I got tired of my kids smearing syrup into their hair, so I found a way to make them less messy. After you get done toasting, frying or ironing: Put the waffles on a microwave safe plate and put enough syrup to lightly cover the top. Microwave it for 30-45 sec. This makes the syrup seep into the waffle so it's a lot like those McGriddles that you get from McDonald's and you don't have to scrub syrup out of your kids hair.
Thought it was a good tip and I hope it's helpful!

JenniP0708270

Asked by JenniP0708270 at 10:38 AM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 16 month old doesn't know about syrup yet so they are very non-messy! But I'm sure one day he will discover it...
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 11:26 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I actually put yogurt on my LO's waffles. She loves it and it really isn't any extra messy.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:40 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Wow!! Thanks. I never used syrup on pancakes or waffles yet because i didn't want to deal with the mess and because of the sugar. I am sure my kids will discover syrup one day too.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 1:45 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Yogurt or homemade preserves in our house is all they get since I think syrup is too sugary. This is a good idea though!
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 4:20 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• my son loves blueberry cream cheese on his waffle! lucky me! lol.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:39 AM on Aug. 25, 2009