How long would you let your son go for?

Ok, my son will be 4 in November and he is over at his grandparents (my in-laws) usually at least 2 times a week.....he loves it there and I don't have a problem with it. But the longest he's been gone is I think 3 days at most. His grandparents want to take him to Thomas Town in Georgia and we are in Virginia so they will be driving and gone for about 11 days. At first I was a little hesitant about a week, but 11 days is almost 2 weeks! I want him to be able to go and have fun, but I think that's a little long. Anyone else agree or am I being a little too overprotective? I also have a 15 month old daughter and a 1 month old son at home. Thanks Mamas!

TylersMama05

Asked by TylersMama05 at 10:48 AM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Wow 11 days is a long time. It may be harder on you than him. If he doesnt do well will they bring him home early?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:57 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I wouldn't let him go. That seems like way to long for an almost four year old. But if you feel you need a break, than let him go.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 10:58 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I don't need a break, I am just more concerned about him being gone so long. I knew they wanted to take him to Thomas Town, but didn't know it would be for so long and I'm sorta having reserves about it!
    TylersMama05

Answer by TylersMama05 at 11:25 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• i was on bed rst for the last month of pregnancy and i send my dd to florida for a month.yes it was hard but so peacefull lol
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:07 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I think it would be fine. My kids have a really close, loving relationship with my parents and I foster that every chance I get. If you think he would do okay for 11 days, and it sounds like they know him pretty well, then it might be a chance for them to spend time with him and for you to have some time with just your little ones.

Answer by missanc at 2:12 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• no i would never let my son go on vaca without me, let alone 11 days! omg, i would freak out, maybe talk them into a shorter trip, i mean how many days can you go back to the same park, and wont he miss his mom and siblings??? that is way too long in my book.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:27 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• For me it would depend on how good thier relationship is. If this is a really good relationship and he would be comfortable with it, I might consider it.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 4:36 PM on Aug. 24, 2009