Can peanuts increase reflux?

Can peanuts or peanut butter worsen acid reflux? My son has been refluxing again (he outgrew it, so we thought, around 14 months, and is 26 months now) for about a month. We've also recently introduced peanut butter to his diet. I doubt there's a connection, as I started to notice the flare before the intro of pb, but its worth a thought.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Could be an allergy.

The best thing you can do with Acid Reflux is to be extremely vigilent with their diets I have 3 notebooks full of food journals from my son id write down everything he ate and note the reaction with his reflux. Took me some time but I finally figured out what foods caused it to be worse & what foods he could eat with little to no problems and so on.. Now at 4 he is completely off meds and rarely has problems with it.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:36 PM on Aug. 24, 2009